mod_interchange installation and configuration:
Check in your Admin UI --> admin/env_vars.html in your SERVER SOFTWARE variable what mods you have installed with your server, in my case:
'SERVER_SOFTWARE' => 'Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_interchange/1.34 mod_perl/1.28 PHP/4.4.4 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1'
As you can see I already have mod_interchange installed as a DSO object with Apache. Number 4 below details installation.
1. Install the latest version. As of 10/27/06 mod_interchange 1.34 comes with interchange 5.5.0
. NOT. Check CVS nightly
for the latest version.
2. Uninstall any olde version that might reside in your interchange (IC) directory, in my FreeBSD it's in /usr/local/interchange/src/mod_interchange/*.
3. Fetch into your IC directory, then Make, Make Install. You may want to uncomment the "install" line in the Makefile.
4. Read REAME file installed with mod_interchange files.
5. With my existing Apache install I decided that building the module as a DSO was the best route.
6. I added the two lines to my httpd.conf file:
LoadModule interchange_module /wherever/lib/apache/mod_interchange.so
7. You then add the added the following within my VirtualHost directive:
DropRequestList /default.ida /x.ida /cmd.exe /root.exe
OrdinaryFileList /thethink /images /interchange-5 /css
8. Add the following to interchange.cfg:
# Set up individual catalogs here.
#Catalog store /var/lib/interchange/store /cgi-bin/store
Catalog thethink /usr/home/thethink/catalogs/thethink /psychology_books
9. Open and save variable.txt file for that particular catalog and adding the shop name to the CGI_URL, i.e. CGI_URL /psychology_books/ Directories and Path
10. Then do this:
1. Stop interchange -
2. Change the group and mode of the *directory* -
chgrp www /usr/local/interchange/etc/
chmod 2770 /usr/local/interchange/etc/
3. Restart interchange -